Tuesday, January 6, 2009

andaman and a man

Hi,
Am and-a-man. Who decided to run away to these islands of Andaman and Nicobar two years ago from Shataram’s favourite city. Two years after the devastating Tsunami that gave a deadly jolt to these sleepy islands and sleepier people.
I invited the woman I was seeing to come with me and get married in the islands. Tsunami was the scary word muttered and whispered to her by her well wishers. She loved me I knew, so albeit little hesitatingly with Tsunami in her mind but me in her heart, we boarded a flight via Chennai, to Port Blair. December 10, 2006.

Here we are in these out of the world islands700 kms long occupying an area of 8293 square kms, in Bay of Bengal between 6 and 14 degrees north latitude; 92 and 96degree east longitude, comprising of two groups of islands. Andamans in the north and Nicobar in the south separated by the Ten Degree channel. 38 (26 in Andamans and 12 in Nicobar groups) islands out of 319 are inhabited by people of the archipelago.--

--planning to start a new life in these picture post card roup of islands-The Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment